Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Remember it well but still don't see what intelligence sharing failings led to the attacks. My understanding was that three of the attacker's were known to both Belgian and French intelligence agencies including the leader of the Paris atacks who had been linked to an attack in Belgium also known to The French authority. So I don't see what intelligence sharing would have prevented the attacks.

Why do you say since 2004 criminals could move around Europ .in the 90's you did not need a passport to go to France you needed only a travel permit obtained at the old Townsend thoresen office, and in all my years travelling around Europe I was only once stopped at a border to show a passport and that was going from Germany to Denmark, so I don't think it's anything new.
    I think things like schengen are just a stick to beat the pro-European electorate, it changed little at the time only made it harder to enforce border checks which every European nation has been able to enforce even with schengen if a threat to national security.

end link