Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Weird Granny Slater wrote:
    Well, that kind of proves my point. The Conservative Party never wanted to leave the EU; even Johnson had his two letters ready to go with the wind whichever way it blew; while the PR was 'get Brexit done' and 'take back control', the participants in the negotiations were trying their best to make it fail. And outside, the Conservatives were carrying on as the New Labour, progressive, open-borders party that Cameron made.

I repeat, Labour have a straight road here, with a flat Conservative New Labour surface.

However, though the sight of the big decrepit UK bus trying to reverse towards the disintegrating EU terminus will be spectacle enough, there'll be sufficient numbers digging pot holes and blasting craters to multiply the thrills.

I myself worked on it in the very early stages, under the guise of the "EU balance of competencies review". I think a more accurate assessment would be that the policy decision was taken, and then everyone had to work backwards to find any benefits.

end link