Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Was at hustings in Dover last night. Natalie arrived at same time as me c.18.50.

When nothing much had happened by 19.15 I spoke to Headmaster and asked what delay was and was told the debate was meant to start at 19.30 and he expected guests to 'mingle' in the meantime hence free coffee, tea, mulled wine, water etc at back of hall.

Natalie took to stage c.19.25 and debate started 19.30.

Like it or not the Conservatives are playing this as the Brexit Election which has gone down well with focus groups up and down the country.

Charlotte comes out with some tear jerking tale of Dovorian squalor. Natalie comes back and says it's only because we have 'been unable to get Brexit done'.

'Oven Ready Brexit' and today's 'Getting Britain Out of Neutral' (with its overtones of laddish non PC Jeremy Clarkson) might seem silly BUT THEY WORK.

The great unwashed smile as soon as Boris' name is mentioned, just watch him work a room, people want to have a selfie, have an autograph, shake his hand.

Elections are like war, and in this case a modern asymmetric war where the big weapons (tax cuts, free stuff) count for less than snipers taking out the command and control (claims of Corbyn being an anti-semite) and disillusioning the enemy troops.

The more people have a poke at Boris for his morals or semi-detached relationship with the truth the more 'laddish and loveable' he appears.

Look at the faux outrage over the non appearance on Andrew Neill. What's in it for Boris? It's an election not sodding Britain's Got Talent?

I even heard this morning 'Corbyn was stupid to go on that program if Boris wasn't going to, did you see the way he got ripped apart'?

Boris does absolutely nothing and Corbyn seems stupid. Brilliant.

Even when Boris appears to be losing he wins.

end link