Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Reginald Barrington wrote:
    "History can be found in museums, books and history departments."
    I'm guessing he got to books and then realised if he said more he was going to contradict himself so closed with history departments, other parts are just blatantly wrong, facts that are uncited and the whole thing is disjointed and rambling.
    If you think his piece is exceptional then you should really look to your own education and put some work into the areas in which it is lacking.

I strongly suspect he could have said the moon is made of green cheese and so long as he puts a dig in about the government it fullfills your confirmation bias and you would leave sated.

Crikey. I did touch a raw nerve, didn't I? I'll ignore the waffle about history. I notice you studiously avoid telling us where parts are wrong. You may find the posting disjointed and rambling. That is, of course, purely subjective and I can assure you that you are in a very small minority in thinking that way. And naturally, you're unable or unwilling to provide examples to support your comments.

This is one author's post, not a dissertation so I don't know why you expect citations. Do you always you always reference your comments? No, I didn't think so.

The thrust of the post is to point out that the debate about statues is of little relevance compared with this governments disastrous policies on Covid 19 and Brexit. We have possibly the highest excess mortality in the world from Covid. Britain alone accounts for nearly one tenth of all global fatalities. Boris has blundered from one pointless metaphor to another. The scandal of what has happened in our care homes is appalling. The rest of the world looks upon the UK either with pity or as a laughing stock. And the 'oven ready' Brexit deal? Is that your 'green cheese moon' perhaps, Reggie? Even the Conservative party's house magazine - The Spectator - has branded the feckless buffoon as unfit to serve as a PM. (I can provide a citation or that as you're so keen on such things).

And now to cap it all, we have a 22 year old footballer having to point out that caring for the poorest kids in a country with the 5th biggest economy in the world is probably a good and compassionate idea. And what does laughing boy do? He says in a national broadcast that he only heard of the Rashford's comments yesterday having refused to accept his arguments only the day before!

Your comments about my education are too 'ad hominem' for my taste. Once again, you throw out a comment on a subject you know two fifths or f**k all about. The only thing I will say is that I was taught to assess and evaluate facts accurate and objectively. That, I'm afraid, is something you are obviously lacking.

end link