Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Button wrote:
    I can't get my head around DTC's duties, stated on this thread to be allotments plus or minus public clocks. This seems to clash with DTC's own view, which is somewhat wider: https://dovertowncouncil.gov.uk/council-services. FWIW, where I grew up the parish council also maintained a bus shelter (I think it was listed), benches and at least one recreation ground - though of course they may have been acting outside of their powers. Anyway, IF this thread is correct, how did DTC donate money when it was outside their powers to do so?

I wouldn't waste too much time reading DTC's website. It's a PR vehicle paid from taxpayers' money to tell you what they want you to believe. The LoveDover issue was about £375,000 of DTC money being given to a 'charity' to buy Dicken's Corner in the Market Square ostensibly for the public good. It was a complete con but you would have been vilified for pointing it out at the time.

I understand that DDC approved the donation or grant, whatever you want to call it. Given the make up of DDC at the time, that's quite understandable.

end link