Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Dover may well be on the way up whereas the inhabitants of the town centre are definitely on the way down!

The weirdos were out in force again yesterday ( is it the availability of the many empty shop doorways or the weather that actually brings them out? ) and after being hassled at the ATM I then had to endure running the usual gauntlet of drunks, beggars and loonies. Not really the shopping experience I was after!
    God only knows what any visitors must think of the place, one can only hope that they just spend their time here at the castle or seafront etc., and give the town as such a miss. But that in itself I suppose creates a catch 22, less visitors or even locals spending money in the town promotes even more empty shop doorways for the dossers etc., to frequent. Not an easy problem to solve I appreciate and perhaps even unsolvable?

Dover is indeed at times a strange place, an area of both outstanding beauty and squalid degradation, but if the town’s unwanted problems could be resolved it would be near perfect.
    We live in hope!

end link