Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

ChazwoldAlmighty wrote:
    The word "got" was the problem, as she didn't obtain an object. Which would imply a noun follows. A noun doesn't follow as "hoofed" is clearly used as an adverb.

"She was hoofed out" or "She got a bottle wine to drown the sorrows of having been hoofed out".

Just think the irony of your comment was worth feeding back to you.

You really should stop showing your ignorance of the English language. The verb 'to get' (past participle 'got') is commonly used to mean obtain a status or condition. Have you never said 'I got pissed' or 'I got lost'? The idea that 'hoofed' was being used as an adverb is even more infantile. An adverb is a word that tells you how, when or where a thing is done - e.g. she hoofed the ball quickly into touch. Getting kicked out was the status she obtained.

I've had enough of this now. The post I commented on originally was almost gibberish and factually inaccurate. I enjoy reading other people's comments on this forum but it becomes rather tiresome when they can't be bothered to write something that is at least this side of comprehensible.

And all this guff comes from someone who has just posted 'They had to lie because they tried to fight both elections on Brexit, hence why may became a hardcore leave person as best as she could right after getting power.'

I rest my case. End of story.

end link