Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Over the years we have seen the debate go on and on around the need for three councils .
    My view had always been decisions should be made as local as possible
    I don't think we should look at this from a views of which parties run which council but look at more how will Dover benefit the most .

I have always been of these opinion that three councils is to many and to get decisions as local as possible if we did away with a very costly KCC
    And gave this work to District councils , and then gave some of this to Town councils we would see decisions more local .

There has always been the questions around capability,and who we elect but that isn't going to change
    We are very close to one party running all 3 councils .
    For some reason they fall short at Town council level .

When we look at all the costs of chief executives or clerks, and the staffing running into millions our council tax remains sky high.

The trouble is whenever this question is given a very small amount of discussion each council just protects it's own council and we end up with a stalemate .

end link