Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The Captains posts are so interesting .When I think of Dover I see the beauty of the sea front and the way the town sits in between rolling country side . I love the history of the place our Musuem is a gem ,recently the 25th Anniversary of when the Bronze Age Boat was discovered ,was celebrated albeit by the few with the nibbles and a glass of wine (I think) Did not hear much about this .We could have has a special day for this .The Mayor and his fellow Councillors could have dressed up oh sorry they do and processed through the town .We could have had a hog roast on the green in front of the Roman Painted house and the church bells could have rung out .
    The Captain is roght we donot make enough of our History .Sad day when the tourismn department dwindled away to nought.Thank goodness some of us managed to keep the Musuem.
    You only have to look at Canterbury,York and most Cathderal cities to see how their towns survive.
    Invest in our history and the shops will come .
    The first thing our DDC Councillors can do Is to bring an end to the feud with The Roman Painted house .I got on OK with Mr Phelp .acknowledge his expertise and link thenRoman Painted house to the Market Square,

PS I realise the Bronze Age boat is DDC but tourists do like people who dress up .Sadly DDC Councillors donot have robes,but i my best with my collection of hats .I think some People placed bets as to which one I would wear.

end link