Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well well they all come out of the closet now then.

indeed peter lets just go over the points you make just for balance.

At the start although I had mixed reviews I gave you the benefit of the doubt.
    And indeed like many in all 3 parties I worked closely with them.

Where you go wrong is that you indicate I wanted to become a councillor ,believe that's way off the mark, I never wanted it, I even contacted local labour to say we were aware of a local district councillor living in winchelsea and on the cawca committee at the time, that was an ideal candidate and would get the support of the area.
    The reply was that labour had selected an in known in the area living in river.
    I spoke to many within the ward about this, and there was a groundswell of people saying they were unwilling to support the lab nomination.

Labours arrogance locally that they would win anyway didn't bode well for them.
    It was locals who encouraged me to stand, it certainly wasn't something I wanted but there was a need to give locals a choice.

indeed Gordon is a good friend, and it is incorrect to say I have not had a good word on labour.
    Because of my concerns of where labour is heading I have spoken with a number of locals in labour in an attempt to explain and hopefully at least give thought to where its heading.

I have even explained to you and charlott I would have happily met the e vale candidate and she had the choice to decline that's choice, but the offer was there.

I do need to advise that Gordon Cowan is a personal friend outside of politics and one of a few I could rely on in labour when things were tough outside of politics which I wont discuss here.

I'm unaware of turning down any grant so your imagination is running a little wayward there.

Locals wanted me to stand again, and I probably would have won seeing the poor results, but I have a life outside of politics, and that's more important to me.

On the park, again you appear to be very misguided, and I don't care who provides a park be it tory labour, an individual, most important was getting a park
    I suggested and even met you where I felt park would be best and hoped that was the way it could go
    £4,000 is a worthwhile sum but a lot more was needed and without consultation that money went back to Tesco which was a great shame.

Believe me I have never said I have all the answers but have given my views on the park, that's what communities are about.
    Had you got a park I would have been one of the first to congratulate you.

The social media was quite a sham, and really you cant hold your head high allowing your facebook page to run down hard working local volunteers on the community association and most still havnt forgiven you for it.
    Yes you made a complaint that had little evidence and very much a kangaroo court where I'm sure the evidence wouldn't have stood up in court.
    And I went through all the procedure even though it was heavily weighed against me even though it had members of your party on the panel I attempted to resolve this issue as I do in all cases.

I think your a little misguided if you feel labour would beat me if I stood, we have been down that road when I did stand the labour party didn't come second it came third, so that's not to accurate.

So any views I hold now were not with the view in mind of standing for council, there is no chanbce of that.

On the vale view meeting I was happy to attend any Cllr meeting to improve the ward ,but this one did create a lot of extra work for me to pick up pieces, even needing to contact your secretary to find you.
    I did listen at the meeting, o f course it was a labour initiative and even behind it some ideas but it was correct that since because I assume residents were not aware it was a long term plan, I had to go back to them saying I was unaware of progress as this was not my initiative and I think that's a fair comment.
    From feedback locals there were expecting quick results.
    My role at the meeting was to listen and help in any way but I was not asked to help.
    So I let it flow until locals started to ask me for updates which I don't have

Just in Elmsvale indeed I attended and tried a number of times to explain from community experience better ways to be more effective.
    The locals at the time didn't wish to go that route(some since have wished they had) but then went on to campaign on issues outside of a very limited constitution which is fine, but I did say at the time the constitution should be wider, or the group would restrict itself.

I have heard worse words than SNAKE about you peter but that's not for today

My parents as you speak of them did bring me up well.
    I don't recognise any of the comments you state at the end

Of course You, and Labour are hurting after the result , I do understand that.
    And will now attempt to blame anyone they can for the disaster.
    Instead of looking at what went wrong.
    I warned local labour 2 years ago at all levels locally this was coming.
    Now its down to labour to decide if it wants to change

But I cant just allow comments to go unanswered although I'm unwilling to get into long debates on it.

hank you for any lifts by the way

end link