Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I don't really require your workload

I did in our chat warn of Thursdays result and it was actually worse than even I predicted.

The tories were ready to lose
    Some even jumped wards to get to safer seats

But then so did some labour ones

I have always been up front that unless labour in Dover changes and gets into the communities all the year round they will be long term opposition

This I'm sure your aware reflects on your attempts to be MP

Having a local community not supporting it will have major impact

I did even suggest to you how I could have helped one of your cllrs
    This didn't happen and she lost
    I'm fairly sure I could have helped but it was her decision not to.

Folkestone labour showed how it can change from being inactive to active and win seats

With the country wide results
    Dover's result was poor

Our community can only wait and see if those few Labour cllrs elected will build in the communties

The good thing is some of the Undemocratic labour cllrs lost both on district and town. But it doesn't help to give locals choice

A lot of locals are feeling isolated as I'm sure your aware with no confidence in general of politicians of all colours

I predicted some time ago labour would be out of office for 25 years unless they involved themselves in communities today

I find though they just turn up each 4 weeks during election campaigns

Unless there is radical change
    People will continue to feel let down
    As one of the community chairs I will watch what happens next, and over coming months

Labour should have romped home Thursday

end link