Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Keith Sansum1 wrote:
    I spent the past 2 years speaking with all the so called leading lights of local Labour warning them they were in trouble
    As usual they didn't listen
    Turned up for 4 weeks and many I'm sure will disappear

Iv urged the party and parliamentary Labour candidate to get in the communities
    All fell on deaf ears

Thank you Keith. We did indeed have a chat some weeks ago now and I can assure you all warnings about working with and in the community did not fall on deaf ears. I'm looking forward to more integration in 'louder' community projects now we are post-election, but I can assure you on a week-by-week basis, I (and many other Labour representatives) locally are very much working in and for the community.

Take just my diary for the last week: As Parliamentary Candidate I've undertaken housing casework for people represented by [now former] Tory councillors who ignore their emails. The CAB are now referring people to me when their MP and other elected reps "Don't do housing". I've also worked on an immigration case, linking up with Kent Law Clinic to progress something that should have been sorted years ago. I've taken a walk with residents in another area to discuss their concerns over bus shelter provision and poor unsafe pavements, so they can point things out to me in real time and I've scheduled a visit to a school and a dementia care home, hopefully to be after the birth of my baby. I've drafted a letter of complaint for a lovely man in Whitfield about a medical negligence case [after the MP / his team were next to useless] and this is on top of the last week run of election time pavement walking, knocking and delivering, oh and meeting some people to discuss the Finglesham Fields issue. As you will appreciate, not every one of these things is at all appropriate to use as a photo opportunity.

I have bigger community projects I'd love to launch on wages and workers' representation. Hopefully parent and baby groups will also get to see a lot of me! So don't tar us [me] with the brush of community inaction. There will be much more to come (we could have years to a General Election) and if there is somewhere you think I should be, tell me, and I'll try my very best.

end link