Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I imagine Mr McS thinks I’m a paper councillor because we haven’t met (shame) and I don’t live in the ward. Oh dear, foreigner! Yes, well, other side of the Folkestone Road. Maybe he thinks I don’t know my way around. Well, I’ve friends in the ward, visit the Hub from time to time and have been tramping the streets recently with leaflets so I’d say I know most of them. Obviously living 200 yards away from the nearest part is a huge drawback. However, I have attended and contributed to a great many meetings of the town council and done my best to make sure that the interests of the ward are well represented, along with the other Labour councillors.

Comments seem to suggest only women have been allowed to stand by Labour! There are in fact several men standing for Labour in Dover. I will leave you to find out who. The numbers, I think, for District Council Labour candidates in the wards of Dover town itself are 5 women and 3 men. How many women Tory Councillors are there for the whole district? Not many is the answer. I haven’t noticed many comments on here about that.

end link