Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Firstly Ross it might be an idea if we had a wish list of things which might actually improve the district including how any improvement will be measurable? Over the years I've heard loads of suggestions mostly, whilst well intentioned, a case of chucking good public money after bad in the hope that they might make a 'difference'.

I well remember the hundreds of thousands being spent in the district on the 'Olympic Celebrations' which would (amongst other things like getting the whole town rally fit!) 'obviously' lead to an increase in uptake of future overnight stays in the district when celebration visitors realised what a wonderful place to visit it was.

At Scruitiny, DDC officers admitted that they had no idea what the present figures were so would have no base line to measure any increase.

No report has come to Council listing any of the benefits of the money spent.

Instead DDC moves on to the next wizard idea.

I could go on but I've promised some people not to say anything until after the local elections!

Perhaps they should have left me inside the tent pissing out?

end link