Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Let's be honest Paul, most people in Deal, if they even know of my existence, view me as 'that nutter who keeps on getting in trouble for saying things he shouldn't and furthermore wanted to close down the Library help-desk and charge for parking on Sundays'.

I suspect that most of the votes I got last time were FOR the Conservative Candidate IN SPITE of the fact it was me rather than the other way round PLUS to stand a chance of winning I'd have to put my hand in my own pocket to produce election material AND deliver it all myself.

Personally the media storm over the Liverpool comments was the straw that broke the camel's back which is a bit of a shame as I think, unlike most councillors I actually did more good than damage.

Apparently to be a successful councillor as well as being a 'yes man' it's important that you leave any character at home and even learn to say 'yes' in the most boring manner possible.

I really can't be bothered justifying myself to rather stupid and humourless people so I've 'no-platformed' myself.

Local politics might become a little duller and someone else can bask in the glory of being on the council, rather sadly, for many, being the biggest thing they ever did in their life.

end link