Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

howard mcsweeney1 wrote:
    Getting back to the thread Charlotte and her team have carried out four canvassing sessions over the weekend which will pay off at the council elections next May. Previously the local party knocks on doors predominantly in the run up to elections only.

Yes, thanks Howard. We have been very busy, as you rightly note. 4 canvass sessions over the weekend, nearly 2000 voters spoken to on doorsteps since July. It is very much not just 'in the run up to an election' that Labour are being seen locally, we've been out almost every weekend and some weekdays too. I can't say I've seen, or heard of any other party locally, making contact on doorsteps in the past six months. Of course I could be wrong. We find it a great opportunity for councillors and prospective (local and parliamentary) candidates to pick up and follow-up on local issues and for us to keep better on the pulse of what is really needed/happening/changing. It is quite an exhausting schedule for our campaigners, but we do feel (and hear) a real need for change.

On other notes:

The trip to Astor was a lovely invite, extended because of a previous speaker's drop-out and because it was 100 Years since women were first elected to parliament (hence Ann and I as invitees).

And I'm delighted that my website piece on Karl of Kent was enjoyed. I did enjoy the addenda / alternative versions offered by some writers on here too though.

I've also been busy in recent weeks meeting town business owners / community leaders with a view to developing a wider (and apolitical fora) for discussing our town centre in the new year. I've also been talking with Forward's East Kent service and hope to make a wider visit in the next few weeks alongside other planned visits. And of course, please remember, I still have to balance a job, and 2 (and another on the way) children. Being a candidate is fun and tough and still very much worth it.

Thanks for the support everyone - much appreciated; I'm honoured to have a whole section about me!

end link