Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It's all getting a bit heavy

My take on it is that whilst I'm no fan of Charlie(presuming he ends up being the tory candidate)
    I have little more faith in the Labour candidate
    This view is shared widely around where I live and I suspect around the constituency

Now that in itself causes a dilemma
    I don't want Charlie in there
    Nor do I want a someone that's as bad on some issues

So I have the 2 options of
    Not voting at all, but I'm wary of how hard it was to get the vote in the first place

Or I can vote for one of the minor parties as a protest vote knowing there never going to get anywhere near a decent vote

The uprising in the last post is quite a radical idea but I'm unsure the country's ready for it
    Most just want a fair days pay for a fair days work
    But they have got used to there rights being taken away
    Poor pay etc
    And any uprising has I believe long passed
    I realise some elements like the momentum party operating within the Labour Party want some radical changes but even they fall short of major change
    But the momentum have taken control of the party winning most seats on the executive
    Will they bring the people with them is a big question
    What I can say is watching in and around Folkestone they are at least active and working in the communities
    In Dover we have an absense of any such activities
    As one leading labour Councillor said, I have been banging on about this for some time
    Yes that's correct, why?
    Because I want people to be able to have a choice
    That choice is very limited

Also with Labour you have the ex Blairites such as Watson
    Plus many more working to be rid of corbyn

So really in this country where we are heading into disaster. We don't have an effective opposition
    And locally we appear to have an inward looking party
    It would be worrying to me if I was in a party where one of your l eading lights left to join the greens
    Then another cllr goes indy
    With a third in the wings probably won't be seen till May
    There are some positives?

end link