Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sorry, Jan, but I really don't follow that argument. And I speak as a family man too. The accusations made against him were (as I understand it) made at the height of the "me too" newsworthiness. Apparently, they were made by a member of his staff who accused him unbecoming behaviour. I use the term lightly. It was later alleged that this particular staff member had raised an earlier grievance over pay. I don't know what's true and what isn't.

However the Tory whips thought it sufficiently serious to disown him. The whip has not yet been reinstated as far as I'm aware. If he's guilty of opportuning the lass in question, then as far as I'm concerned, he's had plenty of time to explain and apologise to his family and hope that they accept his remorse. If he ain't guilty, then he must stick to his guns. I'm sure his family will believe him. There's no prejudice in that in my humble opinion.

end link