Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Jan
    I actually in part agree with your comments.

We have 9 councillors representing this ward and we rarely see them.

Prior to my putting up for town council we did invite all 9 to our community assoc to see what visions they had for the ward and Dover.

a couple did have some ideas, 1 didn't even bother to attend,
    1 didn't even know where Clarendon place was(obviously had never been to the ward)

So although we didnt get much out of them, what it did do is open the eyes even more of the local electorate.

From this meeting it became clear the community were not happy just electing cllrs s voting fodder for whatever party.
    And certainly now many will only vote for those they know are active.

Since joining the town council in Oct it has been an eye opener, and certainly had a local candidate known to the area been pushed I may well not have stood.
    Locals urged me to stand, and certainly through the community association and living locally I am active, and can always be contacted, something I believe in.
    I am giving out my contact details 3 roads at a time each month and have a number of ways of being contacted and most do.

Hopefully there wont be any further by elections now.

end link