Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I thank you for that, mr/mrs Keith Sansum1, on three counts. Firstly, so far as I'm concerned, you have a right to your belief and secondly you express it as your belief, rather than as an absolute fact as some do (an ex-UKIP councillor to name but one). Thirdly, you do have a point - I think I've read somewhere (and The Bishop may well have chapter and verse) that so long as there's one DT councillor who is useful, then I should curb my urge to nuke the lot of you/them.

But what turns me off is a) the constant 'will it be Sue, Bert or Harry who is top dog' and b) the whole red/yellow/blue/purple/green flag thing, rather than the merit of the individual candidate. And I think I'm right. Of course, I would say that wouldn't I, but 86% of the electorate choosing not to vote suggests either a disenchantment with what's on offer, or the perception that one couldn't slip a communion wafer between the merits of Sue vs Bert vs Harry. Or red vs yellow vs etc.

Forget the domicile of the candidate, I suggest; the lesson to be learned is turning the electorate back on.

end link