Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hello everybody. Back from a short break. I do not think we need a Town Council or Parish council, but seeing we are stuck with one, for the present, it would be truly worth the money spent on them, to have them representing those who voted them in AND those who did not. As I read it, a Cllr obviously has an opinion but must put that aside when decisions have to be made so as to represent the towns'people and those in their Ward especially. We do after all, for the time being, still live in a semblance of a democracy and their role is simply to represent, not dictate. My experience, all be it short, living in the Dover Area, has shown the exact opposite. I have met Cllr Ben Glayzer since I last mentioned him and am absolutely and totally blown away by his unselfish, non political way of helping anybody who approaches him. Town Cllrs could do a lot worse than following his example. I know he is a DDC Cllr and sadly not in my ward but how I envy those who are! Having said that, I believe he has to cope with a lot of undercover bullying by another Cllr. He has, to my knowledge and that of a number of people I have spoken to, not once uttered any negative comments about anybody. Living in Dover and reading the posts on here, he deserves an award.

end link