Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Button wrote:
    Hm. First public opinion, probably across all parts of the UK, would have to change to the extent that support for the Rejoin option is obvious and overwhelming. Second, UK political will would have to change, with loud and wide support for promoting yet another referendum as a Good Idea without castigating the electorate for getting it wrong last time. Then there's the question of EU public opinion and political will. And finally, does one start re-join negotiations before or after a referendum - I would suggest before so that everyone knows what they're voting for or against. Is this all possible? Of course it is. But in my lifetime? That I doubt.

This is exactly my position - this won't happen any time soon and public opinion would have to be overwhelming to the point that it would be seen as more odd not to rejoin. That's exactly what I foresee.

end link