Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Post 222 sue raises some real issues , here's a little more insight.
    I'm the political front P Watkins wasn't my cup of tea
    But he was one of the better leaders , and from all parties there were not many .

To even it up I think R Hansel was the best Labour leader and they had some poor ones .

I recall prior the a labour group meeting before going into a council meeting I chatted with p Watkins over a tea

When I went into the labour group meeting
    Eileen rowbottom labour councillor interrupted the meeting to ask the group if they knew why I was a few mins late
    She went on to say I had been talking to p Watkins
    As though he was the devil lol
    I did reply to say I would do it again , it's far better to know what the opposition party is thinking than going in blind
    There's also the bit on seeing if there is common ground.
    Bear this in mind with how cllr Rowbotham views Tories
    Whilst on KCC I attended a group meeting where the labour whip wanted to remove a cllr from a committee
    When I asked on what grounds the ship said a conservative had told him in the corridor !
    Now would I believe another probably mischievous party person in an internal discipline matter ....no
    But I didn't hear her kick up a fuss that day
    Do without clear evidence I didn't support it!

At the end of the day I don't care if its Tory labour green indy who helps Dover to a brighter future
    But it needs help and it needs parties working together .

I recall sitting in town hall on the stage in the cabinet as the labour group was proposing to close all the toilets prior to an election
    I did say this is political suicide
    But they still went for it.
    And lost election

Without doubt in Coming years Labour had no chance of ever controlling KCC or DDC
    And just about clings onto the parish town council

The sad thing is the conservatives are not that popular
    But labour also has very little support

end link