Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Button wrote:
    I guess we'll find out ere long (although I did hear a reference recently to an agreement being reached with the EU in "overtime"!!).

I read the article to the end and came away thinking it was partisan and dumbing-down of the subject; I didn't spot a single advantage of Brexit and, whilst much was made of tariffs, negotiated rules and certification of origin (in both directions) didn't rate a mention.

Mind you, I hadn't realised that Mrs Thatcher was pro a Single Market (which it seems she was). At the time I thought the Commission's view was 'let's have a Single Market and then we'll decide what one is' and Thatcher's view was 'tell me what a Single Market is and I'll tell you if I think we should have one'. So there you go - you learn something every day.

Thatcher was a great advocate for the single market. She is quoted as saying that she regarded our entry into it and the building of the Channel Tunnel as her two greatest achievements.

As far as the advantages of Brexit are concerned, like many others I'm still awaiting the evidence. Of course, you can happily believe Laughing Boy's assertion that we will 'prosper mightily'. But it is only that - an assertion. How anyone in their right mind believes anything he says is beyond me, given his track record. And why doesn't he support it with evidence? Even the politically appointed governor of the Bank of England, Andrew Bailey, has recently felt it incumbent on him to point out that our economy will shrink either with or without a deal.

Brexit was sold on the basis that we can have our cake and eat it. Now reality is beginning to bite and the British people are having to come to terms with the fact that there is no such thing as Unicorns.

Still at least we've got our own (made in Europe) blue passports back.

end link