Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Neil Moors wrote:
    I still maintain that we'll do a deal - in Fergie time as it were. My assumption is based on the fact that the fish argument is a red herring, as we are only interested in the financial side - and fish, for all the political noise, is a rounding error on our GDP.

What I have less understanding on is the EU side, as they are driven by principle - something that seems lost on our negotiators.

The ball is in Laughing Boy's court, Neil. It boils down to a question of whether economic pragmatism will triumph over ideology. There is no desire for a no deal on either side. Economically, there is no such thing as a good Brexit whatever the likes of Davies and Fox might have the gullible believing. You only have to look at this forum to see the extent of the gullibility that certain of our politicians continue to prey on.

end link