Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Button wrote:
    I can't speak for numbers of consignments but, in those pre-Channel Fixed Link days (but with Sheerness, Sandgate and Folkestone operating), the port saw 1,060,465 lorries in 1992; this compares with 2,591,286 lorries in 2016, the year of the referendum.

The only time I took to the sea off Sandgate was on a windsurfer and that didn't last very long at all . But seriously, if you add the 4,000 freight units which the tunnel is capable of handling at busy times plus, of course, tourist traffic then you don't need to be a logistics expert to see where things are heading if this isn't planned in a meticulous way. The fact that 6 months before we leave there is no infrastructure and a system that is not even in design stage should worry anyone capable of a moment's objective thought. But, hey, let's not worry. I'm sure Mr.Gove will steer us through the choppy waters ahead.

end link