Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I think it’s a case of hats off to that French chap M Bertrand (or whoever), after his article above in today’s Daily Telegraph and Le Figaro and which contains two bits of good news.

First of all, whilst we Brits may become non-EU citizens tomorrow, we will not become aliens. Actually, what he said was that the Brits won’t become “extra-terrestres”, which sounds so much better, but anyhow it was a jolly nice thing to say because I have my doubts about a number of our MPs.

Now, M Bertrand may not be seen in a hard hat as often as some politicians on this side of Channel (today’s bleu one being an exception), but nevertheless he’s someone who gets things done. Just last week he tweeted that “To protect SMEs/VSEs and the tourism sector, and to avoid traffic jams in ports and the tunnel, an information campaign for logistics professionals from all over Europe is urgently needed on the new customs rules if there is no Brexit agreement”. BUT (and this is the second bit of good news) only a few days later we can be absolutely clear that French terminals will be ready for Brexit, ensuring 100% fluidity on day one even in a no-deal scenario.

Bravo Monsieur: sortie sorted! If you should ever want a job helping us take back control…

end link