Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The Bishop wrote:
    #3295. Grieve, Hilary Benn and Soubry?! Wow! Heroes Assemble!

As for 'disaster' Ray, I would prefer a fair deal rather than a no deal; however, I would not rate a no deal as being a disaster.

Not a disaster BUT what happens at 23.01 on 29 March when the Border Force operative at Calais is faced with a coachload of Froggies heading from Paris to London wishing to do various things for various times. Under what powers will he treat them?

We are STILL awaiting the long promised Immigration Act to deal with travel post-Brexit!

Anyone coming to work no longer has rights under the Treaty of Rome so should be refused entry presumably, unless they have a Work Permit which they didn't need two minutes ago?

Others should be given some sort of limited time to stay in UK and employment restricted but even if we have worked out what the conditions are how do we give them notice since they no longer have passports to stamp, or overnight are we no longer going to accept EU ID cards?

What if they all 'claim' to be returning residents who left the UK that morning since we have no embarkation check and no register of EU citizens resident in the UK?

When I've asked these questions of Border Force contacts their answer to a man (or woman) has been 'F**k knows!'

Interesting times ................................

end link