Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The only 2 alternatives are to crash out without a deal or go with the Maybot solution. Does anyone really think that either is likely?

The parrot squawk argument about the door being open to another vote, then another vote is a sham. If the question posed is the right one and the conditions of the referendum make it clear no further gauge of public opinion will be permitted, then there is no reason why there cannot be a solution.

For what it's worth, I'd suggest 3 choices with weighting given to voters' preferences. 1. To accept the current solution outlined in the proposed withdrawal act (dangerous because the future in terms of our trading relationship with the EU is only defined in vague, aspirational terms). 2. To leave on a pre-determined date (March 29th would no longer be realistic so a postponement of Article 50 would be necessary) regardless of whether any deal was in place (dangerous because of its potential adverse effects). 3. To remain within the EU under our current conditions (cue the howls from the Brexiteers should this win the day).

Would it work? What would be the outcome? I don't know but it seems to me a more positive solution than the other ideas going around.

end link