Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

UKIP going on an election footing as it looks more and more like the leaving date will be put back.

Mr Batten said,
    "I hate to say it but the likelihood of Britain taking part in the next European Parliamentary Elections in May 2019 is increasing. Until very recently I would have put the chances of that happening at 99.9% against. "However, we have now seen the Prime Minister postpone the vote on her Withdrawal ‘deal’ in the House of Commons, and the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) ruled that the UK can unilaterally revoke Article 50 and end the leaving process.

"The Remainers in Parliament have been handed a solution to their problem on a plate by the CJEU. Will they take it? "The Withdrawal Act says that we leave the EU on 29th March 2019 but the leaving date can be subject to amendment, i.e. the date can be put back. "The chances of the UK taking part in the 2019 European Parliamentary Elections are rising sharply, and UKIP has to be ready for that possibility."

In his message, Mr Batten went on to call on members to apply for candidacy for a future European Election and to begin fundraising, noting that the "most important quality that we require from our candidates is a proven track record of loyalty to UKIP and its cause of national independence."
    Commenting on his message to members, the UKIP Leader said, "If the UK does take part in the next European Parliamentary Elections then UKIP will fight these on the basis of continuing the fight for a unilateral and unconditional exit from the EU."

end link