Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Courtesy of the Times.

Nigel Farage today declared “I’m back” as he pledged to teach Westminster elites a lesson “that they will never forget”. The former Ukip leader said he would be taking part in a bus tour organised by the Leave Means Leave group in an effort to oppose Theresa May’s Chequers plan for Brexit. Mr Farage claimed the government’s plan was to frustrate the referendum vote. “It is now beyond doubt that the political class in Westminster and many of their media allies do not accept the EU referendum result,” he wrote in The Daily Telegraph. “It is equally clear to me that, unless challenged, these anti-democrats will succeed in frustrating the result. Well, I’ve had enough of their lies, deceit and treachery. The time has come to teach them a lesson - one that they will never forget.” Mr Farage claimed there was a public appetite for him to return to frontline politics. “Over the last few months, and particularly since the Chequers betrayal, scores of people have stopped me in the street to ask: ‘When are you coming back?”’ he said. “Well now you have your answer: I’m back.”

This morning, Lord Kerslake, the former head of the civil service, warned that Britain may have to reconsider the decision to leave the EU in the event of a no-deal scenario. The peer, who has advised Labour, said that the consequences would be so serious that at the very least there would have to be a “pause” in the Article 50 exit process. He told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “If the Government can negotiate a good deal, then so be it. But if they can’t and we end up in this position, then we have to reopen the question of whether we go forward with Brexit at all. It is not too late to do that. “A pause to reflect would certainly be necessary. I think that is a pretty high probability now."

end link