Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Courtesy of Politico.eu.

George Soros: Campaign for second Brexit referendum about to start
    The Hungarian-American billionaire backs the Best for Britain initiative.
    By MAGDALINE DUNCAN 5/29/18, 4:00 PM CET Updated 5/29/18, 4:55 PM CET
    The campaign for a second Brexit referendum will start “in the next few days,” according to George Soros.

Speaking at an event held by the European Council for Foreign Relations think tank in Paris on Tuesday, Soros described Brexit as an example of “territorial disintegration” and blamed it for impairing the workings of the EU, according to the Times.

“Most of the damage is felt right now when the European Union is in an existential crisis, but its attention is diverted to negotiating a separation agreement with Britain. That’s a lose-lose proposition, but it could be converted into a win-win situation,” Soros said.

The 87-year-old billionaire backs Best for Britain, an anti-Brexit group that’s calling for a second referendum. He has reportedly donated more than £700,000 to the campaign.

The Hungarian-American has long been vocal about the vote to leave the EU, and previously said he refuses to “butt out” of the debate because the decision to leave was a “tragic mistake.”

Another referendum “would be good for Britain but would also render Europe a great service by rescinding Brexit and not creating a hard-to-fill hole in the European budget. But the British public must express its support by a convincing margin in order to be taken seriously by Europe. That’s what the Best for Britain is aiming for by engaging the electorate. It will publish its manifesto in the next few days,” Soros said.

However, Soros still thinks the EU needs reform.

“The economic case for remaining a member of the EU is strong, but it will take time for it to sink in. During that time the EU needs to transform itself into an association that countries like Britain would want to join, in order to strengthen the political case,” he said.
    ——————————————————————————————————

I assume this is all legal and above board but I daresay if he was Russian we would be upset that a foreigner was trying to influence or subvert our internal political affairs? What it’s got to do with him I don’t know apart from perhaps hitting his EU investments. Having got that particular institution in the palm of his hand he probably expects a good return from it!
    Can’t wait for the “Best for Britain” campaigners to come knocking on my door!

end link