Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have lived in a number of EU nation states and it is clear to me that the smaller nations (in my case Belgium, Denmark & The Netherlands) distrust the EU almost to the same extent as we do. The larger nations (France & Germany) are the ones whose political classes have desired the turning of the EU into some sort of USE.
    Unfortunately, many of the smaller nations damn us for not taking a leading role in standing against the excesses of the French & Germans (& their lackies) when they have pushed for greater convergence. It seems clear to me that the UK missed ample opportunities to galvanise & lead the smaller northern European nations against the Franco-German hegemony, but because of our lack of courage, diplomatically, when it comes to rocking the boat, we fluffed it. Brexit with all its lies, half truths, misunderstandings and the pain it will cause is a direct result of us never fully engaging with the EU and fighting our corner.

end link