Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Appreciate the response Stuart, but unfortunately I guess that our views regarding most EU topics will always differ. My mindset regarding the EU of which I studied and all it represents was fixed many years ago and personally I’ve seen nothing since to change my way of thinking. I’ve always believed that the EU was and is detrimental to our way of life, even though I daresay many people will disagree with that particular viewpoint. We were tricked into joining a political union in the first place when we didn’t need to and have been sucked deeper into the costly EU Superstate programme ever since.
    No point going over again all the numerous pros and cons of which by now we are all familiar with, but I would agree that we may well experience some rocky times ahead before things stabilise and improve.
    Unfortunately, what doesn’t help matters is that we seem to have a fairly weak “negotiating” team, not helped by having a prime minister that doesn’t really believe in what she’s having to do and is prone to facilitate the demands of the EU without much objection.
    I only hope that I live long enough to see my point proved and to be able to say “told you so”!

Agree with your sentiments though regarding immigration, unfortunately nothing surprises me anymore about the way our immigration “service” works. I’m currently going through a family visa refusal situation which has occurred due to an error on their part and yet is costing me yet more money and time to resolve their ineptitude. It really is like banging your head against a brick wall trying to get any semblance of sense out of that shower.
    I would finally add that it’s not my belief that many people who voted to leave the EU are actually against immigration, certainly not me, but basically that we should allow in the workers that we actually need and require from wherever in the world and reject illegals and criminals. That shouldn’t be difficult should it?

As Humphrey would no doubt conclude, we will all know more “in the fullness of time”!

end link