Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

So, here is my theory....

The one thing that nobody in these talks wanted, is the fall of Theresa May. That would have left only two options; a general election, or, a lunatic like Boris of JRM in charge of Brexit. From a UK Government perspective, you want stability, from an EU perpective, the current Government is the least worst scenario , from an Ireland perpective, you do want a trade deal with the U.K. and from a DUP perspective you want to continue to be relevant.

Given these machinations, I think they have, between them, come up with wording that is vague enough to please everybody and nobody, thus allowing everyone to fight another day. I don't believe for one minute some of these knotty issues have gone away, they are parked. Put simply, the EU is being too nice. They are only doing so to allow May to look good and retain her position, for now.

end link