Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

If..... if the Telegraph report is correct we are heading for one of two outcomes:

1. The EU has shafted us good and proper, or

2. We are heading for a "no deal is better than a bad deal" (not my quote but you know whose)

Although I sincerely hope that the reported financial settlement agreed in principal is conditional on us reaching an acceptable deal on trade, ECJ and NI, I read into the tone of the report anything but. Promising money in order to reach an agreement where we can talk about talks on trade seems just slightly thin in substance and whiffs of concession for ........ what in return. Eh.... well nothing actually.

I trust I am wrong. So far I see little confidence in our negotiators to take the fight to the EU who are making all the running in the media battle, and likely the negotiating table as well.

It is about time the British Lion not only roars, but bites, and bites hard.

It's simple really - bite first, or be shot. We will see very shortly if there is any British resolve, true grit, left. It is just too an important issue for us, and for future generations, to get it wrong. Guy Fawkes might just as well have succeeded if we do.

end link