Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

#782 is exactly right. This is the reason that I ended up voting for BREXIT. I felt/feel that our MEPs are not elected in via a straight forward electoral system and I especially objected/object to MEPs from other contributing nations having a veto over what goes on in my 'backyard' (e.g. not allowing us to support our own industries, the neo-liberal policies, unrestrained border controls - which is more suitable to countries with land borders and not necessarily island nations like Great Britain and Ireland). The private jet issue, whilst inconsequential in financial terms, is evidence in itself of the wrong skew the EU has taken, it is far too unwieldy, unfit for purpose (in terms of the people it is supposed to serve) and a far cry from the Common Market/EEC mandate that the UK entered into.

Capt, #784, you are quite right, however at least some UK citizens/subjects have the right to oust the mayor at the ballot box. None of us have that same ability with Juncker or, most probably, his successors.

end link