Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Regardless of anyone's personal opinion as to whether we should remain or end our membership of the EU, shouldn't we all stop trying to score points off each other and make positive efforts to make it work?

Or perhaps we should forgo having referendums on any important event and let the government make their own mind up and then we could blame them?

There seems to be a 'them and us' mentality streak running through any mention of Brexit with a distinct taking of sides between young and old in the UK which is rather a negative slant on an important decision.

The UK has overcome bigger problems in the past by working together and it can be achieved again without all the infighting going on which achieves nothing.

Perhaps the one word 'working' is the key to all this.......get back the working ethos, and earn what we think we should have rather than continue to expect someone else to provide an easy passage through life.

On a more positive note I have noticed that prominently marked packaging of British grown products are becoming more evident in our supermarkets. I sincerely hope that this is the renaissance of farming after many decades of cutting hedges at the right time and leaving fields fallow just to reap EU subsidies whilst the rest of Europe sell these products to us.

Of course we also have fishermen who I'm sure would like the opportunity to go to sea to fish rather than watch other European fleets plunder our stocks.
    AND..........?

end link