Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Posts 404 + 405: call me a cynic, but your confidence seems to rely on a) the EU being logical about things like Customs clearance and b) their interests coinciding with those of the UK. And indeed maybe they will. On the other hand, very little in life seems to be perfect, so it would hardly be jaw-droppingly surprising if imperfection didn't creep into traffic flows at the border - which is what I think the article in post 403 was trying to say.

In fact, perhaps more of a worry than the EU being illogical, is the UK being illogical. Since 1.1.1993, I can't remember, say, French Golden Delicious apples actually harming anyone here and I see no substantiated reason for supposing that the risk of a bad apple will skyrocket the very next day after we leave the EU. So please tell me that we're not going to start checking them as they enter the UK?!

end link