Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Post 49: well Ken certainly had a point, although one only has to look at the (absence of the) Cornish tin mines to realise it wasn't a particularly new one. The point is still relevant, but less so given increased mechanization.
    I'm not sure I follow the 2nd paragraph though. For example, one could define 'multinational' as anyone who trades in foreign goods (or exports to foreign countries). Heaven forbid I should ever be tempted to buy things other than those both made and sourced in the UK. Still, with the value of Sterling against other currencies suppressed and hence with the prospect of imports costing more, perhaps I shall have pause for thought - until UK companies expand production here. And as for cheap (foreign) labour why, with the Minimum Wage creating a level wage floor, every UK job a visitor can do, so too can a UK worker. Yippee - and the benefits budget set to shrink accordingly!

end link