Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

To be fair, Jan, the district council does a lot of things and it does communicate about most of it. I mean, there are numerous committees which sit monthly at which the public are able to see and hear what goes on; if you think the council is making a pig's ear of one area you can attend the appropriate committee's meetings. Alternatively you can trawl through all the gigabytes of agendas and minutes of the council and committees to find what you want. Of course the printed minutes don't mention much of the discussions and certainly don't report the body language and facial expressions of the councillors, or the squirming of the poor officers. In particular, the minutes do not report which councillors voted which way; if you want to know how your elected representative voted, you have to be there, which I think is wrong. At last night's planning meeting the agenda and public information pack ran to well over 100 pages and I'm sure that is not untypical. It's the job of the press to filter out a few nuggets each week which might interest us, but of course they are generally more interested in publishing the bad rather than the good, as that's what sells newspapers.

end link