Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

That doesn't make it right Howard - although I know you know that.

I think it is probably true that most poor people in receipt of benefit, don't vote, which in itself, is a big shame.

Low wage earners are low wage earners sometimes because they don't have a good education; I know from personal experience (my brother) that it is obviously not always the case. If young people bunk off of school, they are hardly likely to get a good education (unless they come to their senses after they leave school and then do further studies) and wirthout a good education, they can't expect a good or above average wage.
    Many unemployed people are turning to being self-employed and when they make a success of that, they may start to enjoy the fruits of their labour and even employ people.

My brother has another job, better pay and far better working conditions, but he and his wife have been at a very low level, with nothing and the only furniture they had, was from free-cycle.

I watched some of the program on that link and yes I agree that being in the work-house or poor-house, must have been so incredibly awful, but thankfully that's not the case now.

Roger

end link