Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have been reading about the fracking war. Why is the secretary of the environment on a collision course with the County Councils and democracy? What does she hope to achieve by flying in the face of public anger. Surely, if we proceed we will pollute the water table and in the end, poison ourselves.

Don't politicians know yet who it is who employs them? Who it is that lets them enjoy a generous wage and expense system, while they, their employer lives in austerity because of greedy bank bail-outs. Wages and perks, which gives them the wherewithal to buy expensive houses so that one in four of them can charge rents as an extra income. We are an employer that has allowed the two main political parties to merge in principle so there is no difference noticeable between the Conservative and New Labour camps... Don't they know yet it is the Taxpayer to whom they owe their extravagant lifestyles. That their working lives must be subsidised with generous salaries and expenses so that they can get on with their important jobs. Don't they know yet that the County Councils do a much better job for the people than they do? The British and European politicians are on a 'Gravy Train' to wealth subsidised by people who live in perpetual austerity. People who are struggling to live decent lives.

When you look below the surface, which is always murky, you cannot see the Swiss bank accounts, or the tax haven and off-shore investments of those we pay to govern in our interests. You cannot see the creative accounting that goes on where the bottom feeders dwell. You cannot see the nepotism where whole families of our politicians are now sharing power with them. Either in consulting firms, or worse as MPs and non-elected Lords and Ladies

I would like a little more transparency from central government MPs as to their real interest in fracking and other endeavours, which are proving lucrative. I would also like to know just who will hold the share options, should fracking go ahead. We never seem to get to the real truth of the matter in any political investment when publicly owned utilities are sold. Even though Channel Four programs like Dispatches and others like Panorama investigate, nothing ever seems to come of it. Why not? Who owns the shares in the utilities, the railways, and the Royal Mail, all of which should be in public hands so the profits can be invested into other public properties like libraries, welfare, and a significant reduction in council taxes? Indeed, why do we need a central government at all when the County Councils are there at local level? County Councils that can work together throughout Britain to make a better Britain for all. There is never any honour among thieves whether they be corporate or political.

Why is the investigation into the Iraq War taking so long? Why is the man in charge receiving nearly £800 a day for his services? Services that have dragged on for years? Why the delay in justice for those who lost soldiers killed in a war that was waged against the wishes of the British people. If Saddam and Gadhafi had been left alone there would not have been an Isis crisis today and millions of refugees moving into Europe from Africa. A Europe living in perpetual austerity, while its politicians and foreign services live in relative luxury. Why are our politicians prone to deception and misdirection? Why are so many millionaires?

I believe Jeremy Corbyn would be good for the Labour Party. If those who criticise him don't like it, at least give him a chance to show the people what he can do or cannot do. If they don't like it then deflect to the party in power...if they will have you. No one likes a traitor. Only a rat deserts a sinking ship... Look into your mirror and ask yourself: "Am I being honourable or am I a disloyal rat?" Only you can answer that question. Corbyn is a duly elected MP elected by the people. He has the right to his leadership without elected and non-elected politicians, trying to scupper his chances. Some of them with noble titles, which mean nothing to the common people. Dishonour, mud and dirt, are the main food of bottom feeders no matter how powerful they think they are. Honour among the powerful is everything for it generates a love and respect in the people.
    There are other cleaner sources of power in this world and we have the technology to free them. That is unless the patents are held by those only interested in developing fossil fuels, which are proving to be money spinners. It is an easy process to extract Hydrogen from water, all you have to do is split it by passing an electric current through it, use it then condense what is left back into clean water. The clean technology is there why are we not making use of it? Seven tenths of our planet is water. Admitted the gas is explosive, so is petroleum and other products made from polluting oil.

Then we have the Sun to generate Solar-power fields. The tides are another source of cheap power. The wind too. We are not far off developing Nuclear Fusion, which I believe is a cleaner form of atomic power. Why must we always go down the greedy route to riches for the few to the exploitation of the many?

The world is fast becoming overcrowded. Land is at a premium. The working man cannot afford to buy a house for his family, and yet, there are people in this world who own half the planet. When will it sink in? "We are all in this together." Where have I heard that? People have called me a Communist, but then, most people only have the American version of the word. To me Communism means Community not Dictatorship. It is about time the word had its true meaning and people got on with developing the word to its full potential. It is a pity recent history has seen the word badly used by those who did abuse it.
    I am an old man now so I should not have to worry about the future, but I do because I have children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. Children who have to live in this world after I am gone. In my long life I have seen many things, and yet, things are getting worse not better. I am not a religious man because I have seen what religion can do to a world. What religion is doing to our world now? Why do people put such a value on Paradise, or even Heaven for that matter? No one can prove they exist. Is it not better to live a good Earthly life than worry about what comes after? Especially as no one knows the truth of the matter. The here and now matters, what comes after does not. Is our Earth Hell then? Are our innocent children living in Hell?
    I read a story once of a man who rose from humble beginnings in Scotland to become one of the richest men of his time. He did not covet his wealth but did many great things with it. He was an honourable man and gave away billions to good causes. Some say three-quarters of his personal fortune... His name, Andrew Carnegie. Today there are billionaires who could do so much more for the world in a positive way. Schools, hospitals, youth programs, universities, food production, new modern towns. All worthwhile projects. They would not even miss the wealth they give. Leave a memory of yourself after you have gone so the future can wonder at your name and who you really were.

Why has this world become such a greedy place? Why does wealth mean more to some people than to others? Why has Greed become the First horseman, with War, Famine, Disease, and Death following close behind...? Is that our future, or can we make this a better place for all?

The future of this world is always in the hands of those who hold great power. Maybe it is time for people power and not for those who want to take our world for themselves? Either way the abuse of power will bring the end for all... Rich and poor alike. History will keep on repeating itself. We humans are the only species who can stop that.

end link