Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well that was an odd day.

Ordering breakfast in 'spoons yesterday i was suddenly unable to speak properly - cognition/hearing OK but unable to formulate words. The girl behind the bar thought it was some sort of joke/wind up!

I went and joined rejoined my companion who contacted my carer.

Fortunately things got back to what I laughingly call normal within a couple of minutes.

By now my carer had arrived and I was going to file the whole thing away under 'Wierd as F**k' when it happened again.

Someone had fortunately 'phoned the Ambulance which was there within 15min.

Helped into the back of the 'truck' there was a 'Facetime' consultation with the consultant at Canterbury 'Stroke' Centre and it was blue lights all the way, though with another episode of inability to phrase coherent sentences en route.

Hospital brilliant with blood taken, ECG, CAT scan and MRI.

(Insert witty aside which will annoy people) It's amazing the service the articulate middle class get even when they're not articulate!

MRI showing 'restricted diffusion in the left insula, consistent with an acute infarction' and home by suppertime with a load of drugs and told not to drive for 30 days in case I have another attack and wipe out some passing pedestrians.

Apparently all quite 'healthy' apart from slight atrial fibrilation which I did not know about so just a random bit of 'shIt happens'.

Oh, and apart from having a stroke and part of my brain now being dead!

Someone even suggested it might be a local witch sticking pins into an effigy of myself but I can't think of anyone I might have annoyed?

At the time I was really angry at the thought that I might be dying and that I'd been far too pleasant to some people and should have called out their stupidity and told them what a waste of the planet's resources their whole lives had been (especially anyone who had wanted separate 'stroke' facilities all over Kent rather than a central center of excellence served by hi-tech ambulances) but today I'm trying to be calm!

Doubt if it will last.

end link