Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

“Tried the Self Service once, never again even if there are long queues at the others as I hate them.”

Quite agree Jan. I have to say that I avoid the things like the plague.
    A year or two back went to B & Q for a couple of things and as no till open was forced to use the self service. As expected, the usual problems ensued which meant I had to wait for “assistance” whereupon the guy there proceeded to give me a tutorial on how to use their system which I really didn’t want, especially as by the time I revisited their store I would have forgotten it all again anyway.

We all know that this is the “future” ( God help us! ) but when I go shopping I just want to buy what I need in the shop, get served and come out, I don’t need the hassle of the inevitable problems that I seem to experience when having to use a store system designed purely to save them money. Especially as you still often have to queue anyway to use the wretched things!

Thousands of people do use them of course and good luck to them, but they’re not for me I’m afraid.

end link