Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

howard mcsweeney1 wrote:
    Strange world John I thought that if an English person married someone from overseas that would make that individual a british citizen, after all it is well documented that people that have never met before get hitched after money has changed hands.

Believe it or not Howard, I thought exactly the same thing prior to embarking on my foreign “adventure “, have to say though that it came as something of a shock when I fully realised all the rigmarole that required addressing before I could actually have my wife live with me and for her to be deemed a British citizen.

I understand the reasons of course, but it still got my goat when a couple from say Bulgaria, regardless of income or status, could just arrive here and set up home together unimpeded whilst I, as an English tax paying resident, had to jump through hoops just to try and live in the same manner.

end link