Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

howard mcsweeney1 wrote:
    This should make John feel a bit better as it shows he is not being picked on.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42224147

Glad to read that Howard and to know that I’m not on my own in finding the whole system a challenging nightmare. Only those that have or are going through this process can possibly understand both the costs and the intricacies involved.
    It’s true as that article infers, you think you’ve cracked it and then unbeknown the powers that be change the goal posts yet again and you’re back to square one, very much like a game of snakes and ladders! My wife had to sit three English tests instead of one for this reason alone.

I doubt very much though that Harry’s wife to be will actually suffer quite the same stress as ‘normal’ applicants have to endure, she’ll have it all done for her of course, fast tracked and without having to spend God knows how long on the phone just waiting to get through to the immigration service only to find anyway that you can’t get an answer to your queries.

Fortunately for us we’re almost there, but it’s a long and tortuous road and at times seemingly never ending. Just as an example, the photo below shows the amount of documentation required to accompany a visa application and God help you if there’s the slightest error in anything submitted!

end link