Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Whilst I understand above comments its worth just looking at how it can all happen.

First of all lets just look at the number of officers, now whatever this number may be, there will be a workload, within this workload a decision will have to be made as to where officers concentrate there work. you could question do you need so many bosses and instead have more on the beat? but we are where we are.
    So working on this jobs are prioritised and we have seen even on a national and Kent wide basis jobs are prioritised.
    What this means is, if you have a suspected murder and burglary the murder will take the priority. this is an example but other examples can be put in place.

We did see the police put up there part of the council tax with a promise of more officers we can only see if this works.

Of course the PCSO role is vital, but only from looking at what happens in priory can I comment
    we have in the community centre offered the facility for surgeries for them, and whilst we recognise the town needs service, like many agencies Priory gets forgotten.

We are unaware of the fill pressures/workings of the police and I recently attended a DTC meeting where I thought the police were to attend, but sadly they failed to appear.
    this doesn't help there cause.

So I think we are a long way off seeing any changes

end link