Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have never understood an honours system that honours people for simply doing what they are often handsomely paid for, I know some do a lot for charity so they are usually well deserved.

Out of those who have been recognised that I have read about I would say a huge well deserved to those involved in that cave rescue, not just for their bravery and expertise but also their compassion to the boys.

I would like to see a new honour that recognises a group of people for going above and beyond the call of duty, at the moment it would go to their boss or leader. The following are a shining example it should go to all of those involved.

"Among those honoured after the 2017 terror attacks is Detective Chief Inspector Teresa Lam, family liaison lead for Greater Manchester Police, who receives a British Empire Medal (BEM) for services to policing and the community.

Colin Kelsey, who led the NHS response to the Manchester Arena bombing, Dr Malik Ramadhan, who was in charge of A&E at the Royal London hospital after the London Bridge attack, and Paul Woodrow, operations director at the London Ambulance Service, all become OBEs."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46693826

end link