Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I haven't given a penny to Oxfam for years. Years ago I used to support them with the idea of emergency response to famine (hence the 'fam' bit in their name) but over the years they seem to have morphed into an anti-West, anti-capitalist, anti-wealth group of whiny left-wingers turning up at anything from G20 meetings to Davos with their rather naive views of 'wouldn't it be nice if no-body fought each other and we all had enough to eat' as though they thought Imagine was the Word of God in verse rather than a rubbish song written by the less talented of the Beatles.

Oh yes. I forgot. Their upper management are also being paid a fortune.

Same as with most 'charities', of which there are 185,000 registered charities in England and Wales. The number is rising by 5,000 a year. As you read this, another charity will be created somewhere in the country.

The charity commission lists 620 cancer charities alone and more than 200 charities working with homeless people just in London. And you wonder why the Charities Commission can't keep an eye on them all!

There's probably enough 'Donkey Charities' to have one for each donkey by now!

Instead I've been giving monthly to Shelterbox. :- https://www.shelterbox.org/ Who do exactly what they say on the tin - disaster relief.

Personally I've no interest in getting some African fit enough to survive a crossing of the Med or rich enough to pay a smuggler.

end link